For Sale by Private Treaty
Overall Floor Area: 264.8m²
Paul O'Driscoll Auctioneer, Valuer and Property Consultant is delighted to present Swallows Nest, an excellent substantial family home. Built by the current owners in 2001 to the highest standards with further upgrading to include solar panels and bead cavity fill, the property is presented in wonderful condition.
Swallows Nest is approached by a sweeping driveway lined either side with silver birch. The front garden and orchard are well shielded by mature trees and hedging providing privacy. The total site area is 4.5 acres with the option to purchase a further 4.5 acres.
There are superb views of the Nagle Mountains to the South and Ballyhoura Mountains to the North with plenty of scenic walks and cycling routes nearby.
The home is within easy commuting distance to Mallow, Mitchelstown, Fermoy, Charleville, Cork and Limerick. International airports Cork, Shannon and Dublin are less than 1, 1.5 and 2 hours drive respectively. There is also easy access to the M7/M8 to Dublin with Dublin airport and Docks.
The accommodation comprises an internal area of approximately 264.8sqm/2'850sq.ft. with spacious bright rooms all carpeted with large tilt and turn double glazed windows giving different aspects of the gardens ans superb views of the Nagle Mountains to the south and Ballyhoura Mountains to the North. The main house is 2 storey and to the side is a large single storey wheelchair accessible annex. This has the benefit of a separate entrance offering potential for private granny area.
- Entrance and Main Hall: 6.83m X 2.4m. Patterned tiled floor entrance door and carpet. Under stairs storage and separate WC/WHB.
- Drawing Room: 5.6m X 4m. Pine fire place with built in stove fire and corniced ceiling.
- Dining Room: 4.3m X 4m. Cast iron fire place with built in Morso-stove, serving hatch to kitchen and corniced ceiling.
- Study: 3.65m X 4m. Fully fitted office with wall to wall shelving.
- Kitchen:6.5m X 4.3m. Fully fitted with wall to floor units, integrated appliances, tiled floor, patio door to rear garden.
- Utility Room: 2.8m X 1.8m. Tiled floor, built in wall to floor units including sink unit.
- Further Ground Floor Area/Annex area which is wheelchair accessible.
- Leading from the kitchen utility room the annex area also has the benefit of a separate outside wheelchair accessible entrance with its own hallway and comprises:
- Laundry/Additional Utility: 3.75m X 3.02m. Built in units.
- Games room/Extra study/Bedroom: 4.88m X 3.23m.
- Play room/Extra lounge: 2.74m X 4.27m.
- Bathroom/Wet room: 2.23m X 1.9m. Wheelchair accessible, fully tiled, electric shower, WHB/WC and tower radiator.
- Attic (space above annex area): Attic pulldown stairs lead to fully floored loft space fully powered with Velux window.
- On returning to the Main Hallway:
- Stairs and landing: 7.74m X 2.5m. Feature arch window to the front of the house capturing the garden and mountain views.
- Master bedroom: 4.6m X 4m. Built in mahogany wardrobes.
- Ensuite: 1.5m X 4m. Fully fitted, large tiled power shower, shelving, WHB / WC and towel radiator.
- Bedroom 2: 3.56m X 4.3m. Fitted pine wardrobes.
- Bedroom 3: 5.6m X 4m. Fitted pine wardrobes.
- Bedroom 4: 3.6m X 4m. Large Double Room.
- Family Bathroom: 3.2m X 2.8m. Fully tiled, large tiled separate power shower and 6' bath and towel radiator.
- Attic: Above main house with potential to convert to additional living space.
- Substantial family home with potential for B&B.
- Large gardens and sweeping drive.
- Mahogany skirting boards throughout.
- Double glazed tilt and turn windows.
- Multiple power points.
- Oil fired central heating with separate controls for upper and lower floors.
- Radiators throughout.
- 9' ceiling height downstairs and 8' ceiling height upstairs.
- Potential for additional en-suites.
- Lands are fenced to provide safe walkway around the fields. (Used for children's cycle, exercise and keep dogs from other animals.
- Out-building divided into three separate units.(Part suitable for stable)
- Large polytunnel, orchard and lawns.
- Located in the heart of the Blackwater Avondhu with variety sporting facilities in the area including horse riding, golf, cycling, fishing and woodland walks.
- Easy commuting distance to Cork, Limerick, Mallow, Mitchelstown, Fermoy and Charleville. International Airports Cork, Shannon & Dublin are less than 1, 1.5 and 2 hours respectively.
- BER No: 108715384
- Energy Performance Indicator: 134.10kWh/m²/yr